Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Learn to Skate + +

Once the Toronto Parks and Rec Learn to Skate programs fill up, many parents call to ask if we teach children to skate. We don't - we teach children as young as eight how to speed skate once they know how to skate, provided a parent skates with the child.

This morning I saw a pamphlet on the Natrel Rink at Harbourfront. They offer learn to skate programs for kids and adults.

A couple of years ago, Mike L told me that it's possible to skate on speed skates early in the morning at the Harbourfront rink before it gets busy. I skated a few times in the 2005-06 season, and agree with him that it's a wonderful rink! It's already open, so maybe I should head down sometime soon!

By the way, Coach Eric G went on a road trip to the Milwaukee Long Track speed skating oval. I enjoyed reading his report on his blog.

No comments: